Monday, November 28, 2011

13.1 Turducken

When and Where Did I Find It:  My boyfriend Randy joined my dad and I on Thanksgiving and he told a story how his uncle would always buy a turducken and it is served at Brown family Thanksgiving every year.  I've heard the word before, but I thought it could be the perfect word for my blog.

What it means: According to dictionary.com Turducken means 



a boned turkey stuffed with a boned duck 
that is stuffed with small boned chicken, 
sometimes also containing a breadcrumb or sausage meat stuffing

Level of Familiarity:  I've heard this word before and knew some of the elements that went into it, but never did I know how much "meat" was put into the "bird".  I also have never met someone who's tried Turducken.  Randy liked parts (his had bacon) but he said it was too rich and really filling.  He also said the duck part was very greasy and he's not a fan of that.  


Do I Want to Know This Word Well and Why? I wonder how many weight watchers points this is?  I don't really need to know this word because for one, I am not a cook and second I like my traditional turkey.  I like the leftovers for sandwiches and I don't think a Turducken would save well.  

Do I Think Others Should Know This Word Well...if so WHO and WHY?  If you are cooking a Turducken or just looking for a shock factor for your holiday I think this is a word you need to know.  It is a fun "food" to know, but it is not part of every day common language, well at least not in my household.  


No comments:

Post a Comment